Medical Records Clerk
Ensures the timeliness in the releasing of accurate and complete laboratory and diagnostic results and maintain an orderly and systematic record keeping of patient’s charts for easy retrieval.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains an orderly and systematic record keeping.
- Maintains an orderly and systematic file of Log Sheets and tracing for easy retrieval ( by month/year/alphabetical order)
- Sorts the tracings whether industrial patients or consults. For consults, results should be printed and attached to the tracings before filing. For industrial patients, tracing are sent to CMPD.
- Files all log sheets/medical certificates at the end of the day.
- Releasing of correct and accurate results.
- Ensures that all results given o patients are correct and duly signed/received by the patient including the tracings and pictures for diagnostic procedures.
- Ensures that all unclaimed results are properly and safely filed
- Retrieves charts (if needed. By doctors)
- Ensures that every chart retrieved rightfully belongs to the concerned patient.
- Ensures that all charts pulled out are returned and filed for safekeeping at the end of the day.
- Maintains medical record logbook, detailing all laboratory/diagnostic examinations results received.
- Adheres to the confidentiality of patient’s records and results.
- Ensures physical integrity of charts (e.g. must know how to prevent physical damage, prevent destruction due to fire, flood and others).
- Performs other related tasks that may be assigned by the Clinic Officer/clinic Manager from time to time.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Nursing or any medical related courses.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience.
- Strong analytical skills and keen to details.
- Highly-organized and has a strong sense of ownership.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide proactive measures on delinquent accounts.
- Results-oriented and can work well under pressure.
- Knowledge in finance-related programs will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in organizational policies, procedures and system.