Provides assistance to the dentists in providing treatment and responsible for the efficient operation and proper maintenance of the clinic’s dental facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oral Examination
- Performs routine oral examination for pre-employment and annual physical exams when the dentist are engaged in procedures.
- Ensures proper checking of patients scheduled for oral examination.
- Identifies all active factors that are capable of causing or may contribute to the deterioration of oral health and function.
- Records findings in an oral examination and provides dental counseling.
- Maintains the dental clinic area including equipments and instruments in clean and orderly condition at any time
- Accomplishes the stock requisition forms and inventory in coordination with the dental staff and the administrative supervisor.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies.
- Clean and sterilize the instruments and hand pieces used after treatment and procedures (strictly follow the cleaning and sterilization guidelines set by the QA).
- Performs routine care and maintenance of dental equipment and instruments and reports to the Clinic Officer and Administrative Assistant any defective tem for immediate repair.
- Preserves the dental clinics as highly sterile area at all times (strictly follow the cleaning guidelines set by the QA).
- Provides assistance to the dentist in providing treatment and procedures
- Ensures the availability of all supplies and sterile instruments for any treatment or procedures including consent and waiver forms.
- Prepares the instruments including the set-up before a procedure.
- Receive patients, provides necessary instructions and prepare them for treatment.
- Provides instruments and dispense materials as directed by the dentists during procedures.
- Keeps a watchful eye on patient’s condition during the procedure and be alert to inform the dentist for any untoward sign or symptom or undesirable manifestation.
- Makes appointments for patients, confirm the schedule at least one day prior the treatment date.
- Confirms the daily appointments of patients.
- Informs the dentists the daily schedule of procedures.
- Answers the telephone inquiries and carry out other office duties including proper keeping of patient’s records.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Dental Hygienist.
- Minimum of 1 year related work experience.
- Strong analytical skills and keen to details.
- Highly-organized and has a strong sense of ownership.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide proactive measures on delinquent accounts.
- Results-oriented and can work well under pressure.
- Knowledge in finance-related programs will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in organizational policies, procedures and system.